Arthur Meehan was born in New Jersey and studied at the School of Visual Arts (SVA) in Manhattan, New York City - widely considered to be one of the leading art schools in the United States.
His artistic heroes are the sculptor Rodin and photographer Edward Weston. Arthur is inspired by natural beauty - pure and unadorned as nature intended and this informs his beautiful studies. His journey quite simply is 'through the heart'.
Meehan's studies have won a number of prestigious awards:
- 1st Place winner at Focus Show – Spark Gallery, Denver, Colorado, USA, 2015. 40 artists were exhibiting.
- Spotlight Award – Black and White Magazine (featured in the December 2013 issue).
- Featuring in the Saatchi Gallery, The Kings Road, London in an on-screen exhibition of photographers’ work from around the globe, 2013.
- Winner - 'Fine Art Still Life' category at the PX3 Prix de la Photographic, Paris. 2010 - Europe's biggest and most prestigious photography competition.
- Winner - 'Fine Art Nude' category at the International Photography Awards, 2009 - one of the most comprehensive photographic competitions in the World.
- Award of Excellence Black and White Magazine,USA, 2008
He has photographed for a number of companies including De Beers and his work has appeared in amongst others: 125 Magazine, Exit, Black & White, The Sunday Times, The Guardian, The Observer, Esquire and Wallpaper.
Behance showcases Arthur’s work on a regular basis, their curators highlighting his pieces for focus on a specific area of the site called Photography Served.
Arthur continues to work between London, Paris, New York and Denmark drawing inspiration for new material.
- 2013 - "Raw Beauty" Gallery 1, The Netherlands
- 2012 - "Contour" Studio Bergamott, Stockholm
- 2012 - "The Muse" Park Walk Gallery, London
- 2010 - "The Wine Box Series" Park Walk Gallery, London
- 2008 - "A Personal View" Park Walk Gallery, London
- 2015 - Focus Show, Spark Gallery, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2015 - The Big Picture Show, in conjunction with the Month of Photography, Denver, Colorado, USA
- 2010 - The Chronical, Gun Gallery, Stockholm, Sweden
- 2010 - ArtLondon, Chelsea, London, UK
- 2008 - 20th Anniversary Exhibition, Park Walk Gallery, London
For further information, please contact:
Arthur Meehan. email@example.com Tel: +45 31411192